Carve your own butterfly with the CNC router
This video shows you the steps to carve a butterfly from plywood with the CNC router, and fill the wings with colored epoxy resin. The GCode files can be downloaded by clicking HERE (a 6×8 inch version, and a 150×200 mm version).
- Plywood: 5 mm thick 2×4 feet underlayment (from Home Depot), cut to 6×8 inch (150×200 mm) panels
- Router bit: 1/8 straight bit (from HQMaster at Amazon)
- Tape: 3M Duct tape type 2979 (from Amazon or home improvement store)
- Epoxy resin: Table Top Epoxy Resin kit (from the Epoxy Resin Store)
- Epoxy pigments: Mica Pigment Powder “Neon Color Set” (from Stardust Micas at Amazon)
- Sanding paper: coarse 80 or 120 grit sheet (from Home Depot)